Social Distancing Guidelines
The garden centre is fully open but our restaurant remains closed until further notice.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AS OF FRIDAY 24th JULY, CUSTOMERS MUST WEAR A FACE MASK/FACE COVERING WHEN SHOPPING WITH US. NO MASK, NO ENTRY!
Government guidelines state that people with certain medical conditions, children under 11 years of age and retail workers are not required to wear face masks.
Edinburgh Woollen Mill, The Works, Johnsons Garden Buildings, Bedfordshire Hot Tubs and The Car Buying Shop are all open. Their contact details can be found on our home page.
Our mission is still to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible and our strict social distancing measures remain throughout the centre. However, in accordance with the Government’s easing of some lockdown rules, a few of our original measures have been relaxed. Please read on to find out more:-
* We will still restrict the number of customers in store to adhere to the 2m distancing guidelines at busy times.
* Children under 16 are welcome but they must be supervised and remain with their parent/carer at all times.
* Queues may be likely at the main entrance and at the tills during busier periods. To visit Bedfordshire Hot Tubs, The Works and Edinburgh Woollen Mill, you will need to enter via the main garden centre entrance.
* A one-way system is in place and must be followed at all times throughout the indoor buildings. There is no one-way system outside in the plant area so customers must be mindful of one another at all times and always adhere to the 2m distancing guidelines.
* Reduced number of tills in operation to keep to the 2m social distancing guidelines.
* Screens around the information desk, welcome desk and tills.
* Floor markings around the reception desk to keep customers at a safe 2m distance.
Other measures we have put into place are:-
* Our trolleys & wheelchairs are cleaned after every use but there will be a cleaning station at the entrance for customers to use.
* Customers are asked to use cashless payment wherever they can.
* Customers will be advised to use a trolley where possible to aid with social distancing.
* Signage all around the store reminding customers of the 2m social distancing guidelines.
* Our delivery service is available for items ordered and paid for in store.
Other Information You Need To Know Before Visiting
* If you or anybody in your household is unwell or have symptoms of coronavirus, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT US – STAY AT HOME.
* From Friday 24th July, it will be mandatory for customers to wear a face mask/face protection when shopping at Poplars.
* There are no toilet or baby change facilities available at this time.
* We have suspended our Carry to Car and giftwrapping services.
* Where possible, please limit your shopping experience with us to 30 minutes to allow everyone a chance to shop safely.
* Due to the current situation, we may not be fully stocked in some of our product ranges. Many of our suppliers have been hugely affected by the Coronvirus pandemic so if you are visiting us to purchase something specific, please give us a call or an email first to check we have it in stock.
* To keep face to face contact to a minimum, if you require plant advice then please call the garden centre prior to visiting and one of our plant team can assist you over the phone.
* Our indoor and outdoor children’s activity areas are CLOSED. We have no meeting space so please do not arrange to meet up with anyone outside of your household. Food and drink must NOT be brought into the centre.
* Wadelows Nature Reserve remains closed.
* Our restaurant remains closed until further notice.
* If you have any questions or concerns before you visit us, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. This may result in our phone lines being busier and it taking longer to respond to emails so if you are trying to contact us, please be patient.