Social Distancing Guidelines
The garden centre will reopen at 10.30am on Monday 15th February 2021. Going forward, our opening hours will be Mon-Sat 9.00am-5.30pm, Sun 10.30am-4.30pm.
The restaurant, The Works & Edinburgh Woollen Mill are all CLOSED until further notice.
CUSTOMERS MUST WEAR A FACE MASK WHEN SHOPPING WITH US. NO MASK, NO ENTRY!
Government guidelines state that people with certain medical conditions and children under 11 years of age are not required to wear face masks.
Our mission is to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible and our strict social distancing measures remain throughout the centre. Please read on to find out more:-
* At busy times, we will restrict the number of customers in store to adhere to the 2m distancing guidelines.
* Where possible, we ask that you shop alone.
* Children under 16 are welcome but they must be supervised and remain with their parent/carer at all times.
* Queues may be likely at the main entrance and at the tills during busier periods.
* We have reduced the number of tills in operation to keep to the 2m social distancing guidelines.
* We have fitted screens around the information desk, welcome desk and tills.
Other measures we have put into place are:-
* There are cleaning stations for trollies and baskets at our entrances and hand sanitiser stations for customers to use.
* There is an automatic thermometer at the entrance which we kindly encourage you to use before entering ( written instructions on how to take your temperature are located next to the thermometer).
* Customers are asked to use cashless payment wherever they can.
* Customers are advised to use a trolley where possible to aid with social distancing.
* Signage all around the store reminding customers of the 2m social distancing guidelines.
* Our delivery service is available for items ordered and paid for in store.
Other Information You Need To Know Before Visiting
* If you or anybody in your household is unwell or have symptoms of coronavirus, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT US – STAY AT HOME.
* It is mandatory for customers to wear a face mask when shopping at Poplars, unless they are exempt. If you are not wearing a face covering, please be prepared to be approached by a member of our team.
* At busy times and where possible, please shop alone & limit your shopping experience with us to 30 minutes to allow everyone a chance to shop safely.
* Due to the current situation, we may not be fully stocked in some of our product ranges. Many of our suppliers have been hugely affected by the Coronvirus pandemic so if you are visiting us to purchase something specific, please give us a call or an email first to check we have it in stock.
* To keep face to face contact to a minimum, if you require plant advice then please call the garden centre prior to visiting and one of our plant team can assist you over the phone.
* Our indoor and outdoor children’s activity areas are CLOSED. Please do not bring food and drink into the centre.
* Wadelows Nature Reserve remains closed.
* If you have any questions or concerns before you visit us, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. This may result in our phone lines being busier and it taking longer to respond to emails so if you are trying to contact us, please be patient.