Social Distancing Guidelines
The garden centre is fully open but our restaurant remains closed until further notice.
The Works, Johnsons Garden Buildings and Bedfordshire Hot Tubs are all open for business. Edinburgh Woollen Mill still remains closed.
Our mission is to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible and we have implemented strict social distancing measures throughout the centre.
These measures include:-
* Restricting the number of customers in store to adhere to the 2m distancing guidelines.
* Only 2 people per household/family can visit together.
* Where possible, we ask that children under 16 are not brought into the store.
* Socially distanced queuing system at the entrance to the centre and at the tills.
* A new one-way system has been implemented inside the garden centre buildings. There is no one-way system outside in the plant area so customers must be mindful of one another at all times and always adhere to the 2m distancing guidelines.
* Reduced number of tills in operation to keep to the 2m social distancing guidelines.
* Screens around the information desk and the tills.
* Floor markings around the reception desk to keep customers at a safe 2m distance.
Other measures we have put into place are:-
* Our trolleys & wheelchairs are cleaned after every use but there will be a cleaning station at the entrance for customers to use.
* Customers are asked to use cashless payment wherever they can.
* Customers will be advised to use a trolley where possible to aid with social distancing.
* Signage all around the store reminding customers of the 2m social distancing guidelines.
* For the time being, we will not be taking orders for deliveries over the phone. Our delivery service will resume as soon as we open but goods for delivery must be ordered and paid for in store.
Other Information You Need To Know Before Visiting
* If you or anybody in your household is unwell or have symptoms of coronavirus, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT US – STAY AT HOME.
* There will be no toilet/baby change facilities available at this time.
* Due to a technical issue, we are unable to process HTA Gift Cards as payment but we can process Poplars own cards. HTA Gift Vouchers are still available to purchase and can also be redeemed.
* We have suspended our Carry to Car and giftwrapping services.
* Where possible, please limit your shopping experience with us to 30 minutes to allow everyone a chance to safely shop.
* We will not be able to offer any plant advice in store. If you think you will need plant advice then please call the garden centre before visiting and one of our plant team can assist you over the phone.
* Our indoor and outdoor children’s activity areas are CLOSED. We have no meeting space so please do not arrange to meet up with anyone outside of your household. Food and drink must NOT be brought into the centre.
* Wadelows Nature Reserve remains closed.
* Our restaurant remains closed.
* If you have any questions or concerns before your visit, then please contact us. We are expecting our phone lines and emails to be very busy in the coming days so if you are trying to contact us, please be patient.